Volunteers are a vital part of student success in Duval County Public Schools. More than 27,000 volunteers support schools each year and the number is growing. The employees of the Department of Community and Family Engagement work hand and hand with volunteer liaisons at schools to encourage interested parents and citizens to join us in our mission to provide every student with a high quality education. You can help by becoming a volunteer today.
To ensure the safety of our students, volunteers who will be at the school more than once, must complete an application and undergo a criminal background screening, free of charge. Please note--DCPS is no longer using volunteer cards as proof of clearance. Designated school staff will verify volunteer clearance using our online process. Anyone, including parents, who will visit the campus more than once to help must complete the process.
Each Duval County Public School has priorities set by their school leadership team that are based on the needs of the students. Liaisons assist by aligning volunteers and partners with school needs. Principals have oversight regarding volunteers and volunteer opportunities at each school.
Become a volunteer in three easy steps.
1. Complete the volunteer background screening online using the button below.
2. Contact the School Volunteer Liaison or the school staff that handles volunteers at the school you wish to volunteer at or the Department of Family and Community Engagement at (904)390-2960 to check the status of your volunteer application. Please allow 10 business days for processing. Reminder: The district no longer issues volunteer cards. Also, use that opportunity to let the school know you are interested in volunteering and to discuss volunteer opportunities.
3. Please remember to sign in and out using the Volunteer Sign-in Book in the front office. Your volunteer hours help not only students and teachers, but also help schools achieve awards from the Florida Department of Education.
· Applicants must be at least 18 years of age. (Current DCPS students under 18 must complete the Under 18 Consent Form found HERE and submit it to the school)
· If you don't have access to a computer, you may be allowed to use a computer at a school or stop by the Department of Community & Family Engagement kiosk. A social security number is required to apply. All required information must be entered in order for the application to be submitted.
Volunteer Liaison Resources
Click the link above to gain access to valuable resources to help increase volunteering, mentoring, partnerships, and engagement.
For additional questions about becoming a volunteer, contact the Department of Community and Family Engagement at (904) 390.2960 or email@example.com.For additional information, please visit https://dcps.duvalschools.org//site/Default.aspx?PageID=7416