After School ProgramAgency---Communities in Schools
The goal of the program is to provide service for all children in grades K-6 wishing to participate in the Communities in Schools after-school program as it operates on a first come, first serve basis. Regular attendance is important to the sustainability of the program and at least 95% participation is expected. Each child will receive additional academic support, recreational activities, an afternoon snack as well as a hot dinner...all free of charge to any DCPS children. Participation is a and all children must follow the rules of the program. Disruptive and disrespectful behavior towards other students or staff members is reason for dismissal.The staff is committed and qualified and your help is needed to make every child's experience the very best it can be. Parent partnerships are important to the programs success.
*New this year.......
- Students MUST be in regular attendance or they will be dismissed from the program.
- Students MUST attend/participate in the program a minimum of 2 hours daily
- Only authorized personnel listed on after school application and/or blue card will be released. Please make sure that you are sending an authorized person. No exceptions!!!
- Only authorized persons(must be 18 years or older) can pick students up.
- After school hours of operation are strictly enforced.
The hours for the after-school program on regular school days is 3:00 PM to 5:45 PM. Early dismissal hours are 3:00 PM to 5:45 PM.
You may contact the Project Manager, Ms. Assun'ta Bolden at (904) 381-7490 ext. 1010