ARTICLE XIII and ARTICLE XIV: Meetings and Activities
1. Any NHS members with religious conflicts pertaining to required activities, meetings or projects must contact the NHS sponsor via e-mail, prior to the activity/meeting/project in conflict. This will ensure the member’s absence is excused.
2. It is the NHS member’s responsibility to communicate with the NHS sponsor via e-mail.
3. If a NHS member is unable to communicate via cell phone or internet, it is still the member’s responsibility to maintain communication with the sponsor. Written letters to ask for excused absence suffice.
4. Students must attend the NHS Orientation in order to ensure communication and understanding of the NHS Bylaws. Failure to attend this orientation will result in membership probation.
5. Students must not exceed more than 1 absence to a meeting. Failure to attend NHS meetings without prior communication will result in probation. Further, a member attend at least ONE NHS approved service project per quarter.
ARTICLE IV, Section 4: DUES
are $25 per current member each year. Failure to pay dues on time or failure to contact
a sponsor via e-mail for a deferment will result in membership probation.
ARTICLE X: Discipline and Dismissal
1. Failure to attend a scheduled dismissal hearing, or failure to respond to the official dismissal hearing letter, will result in the member’s dismissal.