COURSE SCHEDULING2017-2018Welcome to the Stanton College Preparatory School Course Request page for the 2017-2018 school year. Please read the steps below and use the document links on this page to plan your course requests. Many of your course progressions will already be selected for you and you will not be able to changes these requests. You will have an opportunity to meet with a school counselor or administrator to correct the pre-loaded course progressions and to verify and/or correct the selection you have made.
**Very important instructions: You must have eight course requests minimum (combined pre-loaded and your requests). Do not place a priority level on your top eight requests. You must also request 3 back-up electives. When placing a priority number on your back-up electives begin with priority level “2”. Do not begin with priority level “1” for your back-up electives.
**I.B. 12th Graders: Please make sure you pay close attention to the selection of either a Higher Level or Standard Level course in Biology, Chemistry, Psychology, Philosophy, Computer Science and All World Languages. The correct class levels corresponding with the courses are clearly marked in the course catalog and the I.B. course progression chart.
Read these instructions carefully before making your course requests
Course Request Steps:
- Review the Course Catalog and your program of study/course sequence, Honors or I.B.
- Review course requirements and prerequisites in the Course Catalog
- Log on to your Focus student account through the following link: https://duval.focusschoolsoftware.com
- Convert the school year to 2017-2018
- Find the “My Information” tab and select “Class Requests”
- Select your course requests on Focus during the 2-week window: March 15th, 2017 through March 27th, 2017
- When selecting, type the name of the course in the search bar above your pre-loaded requests
- Make sure you choose the course with the “01” suffix at the end of the course number
- When you have selected the course press the “tab” button and then the “enter” button on your keyboard. This will save your selection.
- Students will be called to meet with a school counselor or administrator to verify and finalize schedule requests