Class of 2019 Senior Information
Senior Graduation Timeline:
—Seniors’ last day
- All paperwork must be turned in no later than May 18
- Students wishing to participate in Baccalaureate must attend rehearsal at 12:30 in the theatre.
- Baccalaureate is an inspirational ceremony that signals the start of graduation season. It features student performances and an inspirational message from a former DA student.
- Arrive at DA no later than 2:30.
- Dress nicely wear black and/or white
— Senior party and parade; cap and gown distribution
- You must turn in your card with all stamps completed to receive your cap and gown.
- All cords will be handed out by the sponsors
- You will receive your graduation tickets at the in-house rehearsal
- Seniors who cannot get their caps and gowns on May 21 may get them at a later date. Times and dates will be posted.
Date TBA—Awards Ceremony—9 A.M. and PTSA sponsored lunch at 11:30
- Wear your caps and gowns.
- If you don’t have your cap and gown by then, wear black and/or white and line up at the end
- Be in the dance/theatre hallway by 8:30
May 23 (Tentative date - Check back later.)—REQUIRED In-house rehearsal in the DA theatre
- Graduation ticket distribution will begin at 12:00.
- Each graduate will get 10 tickets.
- Rehearsal begins at 1:00.
- Be on time.
- No caps and gowns necessary
May 28--Graduation day—Commencement Ceremony 7:00 P.M.
- Rehearsal at the Moran Theatre—buses leave at 8:45 REQUIRED.
- You do not need your caps and gowns for rehearsal, but you should bring the shoes you plan to wear during the commencement ceremony, especially if they are high heels.
- All graduates must ride the bus to and from the theatre. We will return to DA by noon.
- Arrive at the theatre by 6:00 p.m. that night.
- Immediately after the ceremony, return to the robing area to get your diploma from the
same person you checked in with. You will keep your cap, gown, diploma cover, tassels,
cords and medallions.
Other important information
The Times-Union Center will be checking bags. Guests should come
early and be prepared to have all bags searched. This is the venue’s policy.
The graduation rehearsals are mandatory for any student who plans to participate in
There are no extra tickets for graduation. Tickets belong to the graduate who may do
with them as he/she wishes. I encourage all seniors to be kind and generous in
disbursing extra tickets.
Graduates are held responsible for the behavior of their guests. Please tell your guests
to refrain from applause or yelling when the graduates’ names are called.
Dress code for graduation
- Pants must be dark colored dress pants, NO JEANS
- Shoes must be dress shoes, NO SLIPPERS, FLIP FLOPS or BACKLESS SHOES.
- Shirts must have collars
- Dresses should not hang below the robe
- Caps MAY NOT be decorated during the ceremony