Class of 2019 Senior Information
Senior Graduation Timeline:
May 17—Seniors’ last day
- All paperwork must be turned in by this day
May 20—Senior party and parade
May 21 - Senior Awards - 9:00 a.m.
- Dress nicely in black and/or white.
- Student assemble in the theatre hallway by the dance locker rooms by 8:30
May 21 - Cap and gown distribution on the patio beginning at 2:00 p.m.
- Bring your fully stamped debt clearance card
- You will recieve your graduation tickets as well
- All cords are distributed by the sponsors according to their timetable.
- You may also come during the following times. Please be mindful that Ms. Harbin still has classes so she will not be able to accommodate you at other times.
- May 22 - 2:00 - 3:30.
- May 23 - Any time except 12:00 - 2:00
- May 24 - 10:00 - 11:30
May 22 - Senior Movie
May 23—REQUIRED in house rehearsal for graduation
- Each graduate will get 9 tickets.
- Rehearsal begins at 1:00
- Be on time
- No caps and gowns necessary
- Baccalaureate rehearsal will follow graduation rehearsal. Only students planning to attend Baccalaureate need to stay.
May 23 - Baccalaureate - 7:00 p.m. in the DA Theatre
- Baccalaureate is an inspirational ceremony that signals the start of graduation season. It features student performances and an inspirational message from a former DA student.
- Arrive at DA no later than 6:30
- Wear your caps and gowns.
May 28—Graduation day—Commencement will begin at 7:00
- REQUIRED Rehearsal at Moran Theatre—buses leave at 8:30
- You do not need your caps and gowns for rehearsal, but you should bring the shoes you plan to wear during the commencement ceremony, especially if they are high heels.
- All graduates must ride the bus to the rehearsal to and from the theatre. We will return to DA by noon.
- Arrive at the theatre by 6:00 that night
- Immediately after the ceremony, return to the robing area to get your diploma from the same person you checked in with. You will keep your cap, gown, diploma cover, tassels, cords, and medallions.
Other important information:
The Times-Union Center will be checking bags. Guests should come early and be prepared to have all bags searched. Do not bring in balloons of any kind.
Graduation rehearsals are mandatory for any student planning to participate in Commencement.
There are no extra tickets for graduation. Tickets belong to the graduate who may distribute them as he/she wishes. We encourage all seniors to be kind an generous in disbursing extra tickets.
Graduates are held responsible for the behavior of their guests. Please tell all guests to refrain from applause or yelling while the graduates’ names are called.
Dress code for graduates:
- Pants must be dress pants and dark. NO JEANS
- Shoes must be dress shoes. NO SLIPPERS, FLIP FLOPS OR BACKLESS SHOES.
- Shirts must have collars
- Dresses may not hang below the robe
- Caps MAY NOT be decorated during the ceremony.