Class of 2020 Senior Timeline
April 13—Senior Parent Meeting
- 6:00 P.M. in the cafeteria
- Graduation information and paperwork requirements will be discussed.
May 15—Seniors’ last day - All paperwork must be turned in!
May 18—Senior party and parade
May 19 - Senior Awards - 9:00 a.m.
- Dress nicely in black and/or white.
- Student assemble in the theatre hallway by the dance locker rooms by 8:30
May 20 - Cap and gown distribution on the patio beginning at 8:30 a.m.
- Bring your fully stamped debt clearance card
- You will recieve your 8 graduation tickets as well
- All cords are distributed by the sponsors according to their timetable.
- You may also come to room 323 (Mrs. Harbin's room) during the following times. Please be mindful that Ms. Harbin still has classes so she will not be able to accommodate you at other times.
- May 21 - After graduation rehearsal
- May 22 - Between 2:00 - 3:30
- May 26 - After graduation rehearsal
May 21—REQUIRED in house rehearsal in the DA Theatre. **Failure to attend any rehearsal will result in the student not being able to participate in the commencement ceremony.**
- Rehearsal begins at 1:00
- Be on time
- No caps and gowns necessary
- Baccalaureate rehearsal will follow graduation rehearsal. Only students planning to attend Baccalaureate need to stay.
May 21 - Baccalaureate - 7:00 p.m. in the DA Theatre
- Baccalaureate is an inspirational ceremony that signals the start of graduation season. It features student performances and an inspirational message from a former DA student.
- Arrive at DA no later than 6:30 and assemble in the band room.
- Wear your caps and gowns.
May 26—Graduation day—Commencement Ceremony will begin at 7:00
- REQUIRED Rehearsal at Moran Theatre—buses leave from DA at 8:30 a.m. **Failure to attend any rehearsal will result in the student not being able to participate in the commencement ceremony.**
- You do not need your caps and gowns for rehearsal, but you should bring the shoes you plan to wear during the commencement ceremony, especially if they are high heels.
- All graduates must ride the bus to the rehearsal to and from the theatre. We will return to DA by noon.
- Arrive at the theatre by 6:00 p.m. that night
Immediately after the ceremony, return to the robing area to get your diploma from the same person you checked in with. You will keep your cap, gown, diploma cover, tassels, cords, and medallions.
Other important information:
The Times-Union Center will be checking bags. If possible, leave all bags behind. Guests should come early and be prepared to have all bags searched. Guests will also be wanded. This is the venue's policy.
Graduation rehearsals are mandatory for any student planning to participate in Commencement.
There are no extra tickets for graduation. Tickets belong to the graduate who may do them as he/she wishes. We encourage all seniors to be kind an generous in distributing extra tickets.
Graduates are held responsible for the behavior of their guests. Please tell your guests to refrain from applause or yelling while the graduates’ names are called.
Dress code for graduates:
- Pants must be dark colored dress pants. NO JEANS
- Shoes must be dress shoes. NO SLIPPERS, FLIP FLOPS OR BACKLESS SHOES.
- Dresses may not hang below the robe
- Caps MAY NOT be decorated during the ceremony.