J.E.B. Stuart Middle School Counseling Program
The mission of JEB Stuart Middle School Counseling Program in partnership with parents, community, and educational personnel is to ensure that all students will develop competencies in academic achievement and educational planning, career/occupational exploration and planning, leisure, and personal/social development in order to contribute to a rapidly changing world.Philosophy
The counselors at JEB Stuart believe:
- have dignity and worth
- have the ability to achieve to their full potential
- have the right to participate in the school counseling program
- have access to a full time, state certified master’s degree level counselor
The school counseling program:
- is consistent with expected developmental stages of learning
- is based on school data and evaluated by the school counselor’s stated goals and related student competencies
- is managed and delivered by school counselors
- utilizes the many combined resources of the community
- considers students’ ethnic, cultural, and racial differences and special needs in planning and implementation
- are advocates for each student and for the school counseling program
- manage and evaluate their programs on a regular basis
- abide by the American School Counselor Association professional ethics
How Students Can Meet With the School Counselors\
- Request of a counselor
- Parent referral
- Administrative referral
- Teacher or other staff referral
- Referral by friend(s)
How Parents Can Contact the Counselors
Parents can call the school counselors for a phone conference or to set up a face-to-face meeting.
How Teachers Can Contact the School Counselors
Teachers can complete a teacher referral form, call, or email the school counselors for student referral, consultation, and collaboration.
Activities and Services
- Schedule Parent Teacher Conferences
- Periodic classroom lessons related to positive personal growth and development.
- Individual counseling sessions for students to explore ideas, feelings, and behaviors.
- Individual student planning that focuses on goal setting and academic and career planning.
- Small group sessions related to positive personal growth and development.
- Responsive services that include crisis intervention and consultation