Kindergarten Applications for Magnet and Special Transfer Schools are open. Don't wait to enroll.
Duval County Public Schools is ready to help your little ones learn, play, and grow. We treat your children like our own. Our elementary schools are a fun and safe place where your child can flourish.
To enroll in Kindergarten, your child must turn five years old on or before September 1. Here are the simple steps to enroll.
Step 1 - Find Your School
Use the School Locator at www.duvalschools.org/locator to find your child's attendance area school.
Duval County also offers Magnet and Special Transfer Schools. The deadline to apply for these schools is February 28. Find out more about magnet and special transfer enrollment options.
Step 2 - Contact Your School to Enroll
If your child is going to your attendance area school, you can contact your school in May to enroll. You (the parent or legal guardian) will need to bring a few things with you when you register:
- Child's birth certificate
- Proof of a physical exam
- Immunization record. For information about Florida immunization requirements, go to: https://www.floridahealth.gov/programs-and-services/immunization/
- Proof of home address - You may use:
- Two documents from List A or
- One document from List A and two documents from List B. The address must match on all documents.
- Utility bill
- Deed, mortgage, or closing statement, lease agreement from a company or a private individual (private leases must be notarized)
- Drivers license or state ID
- Voter registration ID
- Current automobile insurance
- Current credit card statement
- Current property tax receipt
- Current U.S. Postal Service confirmation of address change
- Current bank account statement (block out account number)
- Current payroll statement
- Current non-cellular phone
- Current vehicle registration
Want to learn more about what our elementary schools have to offer? Click here.
If you prefer to register online, click here and follow the instructions.
School starts Monday, August 14, 2023. We look forward to seeing our new kindergartners in the new year.