Voluntary Pre-Kindergarten (VPK) Enrollment Options
The state of Florida does not currently allow for online learning options for Voluntary Pre-Kindergarten, also known as VPK. Our district VPK programs will be held in our schools with precautions taken to prevent the spread of COVID-19. Students in VPK settings will be issued a clear plastic face shield so they are able to move around the classroom more freely.
The late application period for VPK Fall Registration is now open. Here is what you need to know before you apply:
- Your child must be 4 years old on or before September 1, 2020 in order to enroll in the VPK program.
- Parents will be able to select up to three DCPS- VPK programs, in order of preference that the student is eligible to attend.
- A student whose home school is Title I can only attend a Title I VPK program; a student whose home school is Non-Title I can only attend a Non-Title I VPK program.
- Students accepted into a Non-Title I VPK program must adhere to the VPK extended day fee schedule if child remains in school after 11:30am ($300.00 monthly).
Steps to Completing Late VPK Lottery Application
Step 1: Create a Student ID for your child by clicking here.
Write down student ID: ____________________________
Step 2: Create a Parent/Guardian Account (you must have student ID in order to complete this step) by clicking here.
Step 3: Email two proofs of identification to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include child’s name and student ID in email. Please reference approved list of documents on district webpage. Failure to submit accurate documents will delay process. Uploaded documents and focus addresses must match.
Step 4: Wait 24-48 hours for the VPK application to be sent via email.
Step 5: Complete VPK Application and return to email@example.com . Seats will be filled based on availability.
Acceptance into the program:
After acceptance, parents will receive email confirmation with directions on how to submit the remaining documents to the school for enrollment:
- Certificate of Eligibility from the Early Learning Coalition- Parents must apply for the certificate at www.elcduval.org.
- Proof of Age (Birth certificate)
- State of Florida Health Exam form
- Florida Certificate of Immunization
- Proof of Residency