Welcome! Bus routes are currently under construction. Bus routes are subject to change for the 2018-19 school year. Check back in August for updates.DCPS Transportation Department does everything within our power to ensure the safe and timely transportation of your children to and from school.Important information for th first several weeks of school:
- Be flexible with the bus schedule during the first few weeks. This is the time when we evaluate and adjust the bus runs.
- Have your student at the bust stop at least 5 minutes prior to pick-up time.
- Have your stdent ready to board the bus to stop delays.
On school days, parents can call from 6:00 AM until 6:30 PM for assistance; on early release days until 4:30 PM.
Our Contractor Customer Service Facilities can also be contacted to locate a bus or estimated arrival to a bus stop as follows:
- Westside - Student Transportation of America Peavy Road 661-2370
- Southside & Mandarin – Durham School Services 731-4150
- Beaches & Arlington – Student Transportation of America Lee Road 720-2177
- Northside and Core City – First Student New Berlin – 751-9828
On early release days all bus routes will run approximately 75 minutes earlier than on full days.
- Northwest – First Student Commonwealth– 598-2880
School bus transportation is provided to students who live more than 1.5 miles from the school they attend. One mile is identified as a reasonable walking distance to a bus stop for students who are eligible to ride a school bus.
Transportation for students participating in choice, special programs, and exceptional education programs is provided under specific guidelines. Secondary (middle and high) magnet routes and Alternative school routes will be "Express Routes" with stops made primarily at schools, near schools, or approved public locations. The one mile walking distance to a bus stop does not apply to students using Express routes.DCPS Transportation Department(904) 858-6200
Exceptional Student Education Transportation Information
Monday-Friday, 7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Questions about your child’s bus stop or route? Please contact the Transportation Call Center: (904) 381-RIDE (7433). The hotline will be open from July 31–August 24, 2018. Staff will be on hand to assist with bus information Mon. – Friday. 7 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. Additionally, bus routes and stops will also be available at the Transportation Department’s webpage beginning after July 31.