Success for our High School Band Programs and
Middle & High School Choral Programs!
Join us in congratulating our High School Band Programs on their performances at the District 17 Music Performance Assessments (MPAs) on Saturday, November 2nd and our Middle and High School Choral Programs on their performances at the Fall Choral Festival on Tuesday, November 5th!
District 17 Bandmaster Music Performance Assessments (MPAs)
District 17 is comprised of Duval and Nassau Counties. These Music Performance Assessments (MPAs) provide performance arts-focused learning through guided listening experiences, promote the development of musicianship and artistry, encourage the study of instrumental music and performance, and provide motivation and guidance for the professional development of band directors in their practice. Bands perform and are assessed on visual performance, general effect, music, auxiliary, and percussion.
Fall Choral Festival at Atlantic Coast High School on November 5thThe Fall Choral Festival is a DCPS district event dedicated to giving middle school and high school choral groups the opportunity to demonstrate learning in vocal music, perform together on stage with full accompaniment and direction, experience the work of peers in choral groups at other schools across the district, connect their classroom learning to the bigger picture of group performance, and prepare them for Music Performance Assessments and Honor Choir.
- Atlantic Coast High School "Stingray Sound" directed by Heather Cotney
- Baldwin Middle-Senior High School "Baldwin Marching Indians" directed by Scott Shores
- Duncan U. Fletcher High School "'Pride of the Beaches' Marching Senator Band" directed by Randy Salinas
- First Coast High School "Buccaneer Marching Band" directed by Kenneth Solomon
- Jean Ribault High School "Jean Ribault High School Marching Band" directed by Chip Powell II
- Mandarin High School "Mandarin Mustang Band" directed by Pam Chaffin
- Samuel Wolfson School for Advanced Studies and Leadership "Marching Wolfpack" directed by Cristina Ledford
- Sandalwood High School "Mighty Marching Saints" directed by Stephen Panoff
- Stanton College Preparatory "Marching Blue Devils" directed by Galen Peters
- Terry Parker High School "Marching Braves" directed by William McClendon
- Atlantic Coast High School, directed by Deborah McDuffie
- Darnell Cookman School for the Medical Arts, directed by Ryan Justice
- Douglas Anderson School of the Arts, directed by Jonathan Welch
- Duncan U. Fletcher High School, directed by Elisabeth Crumrine
- Duncan U. Fletcher Middle School, directed by Mandy Papenbrock
- Landmark Middle School, directed by Rebecca Azelton
- LaVilla School of the Arts, directed by Shawn Pendry
- Mandarin High School, directed by Jennifer Brown
- Mandarin Middle School, directed by Katherine Crumrine
- Robert E. Lee High School, directed by Andrew Neaher
- Samuel Wolfson School for Advanced Studies and Leadership, directed by John Larsen
- Terry Parker High School, directed by Renee Johnson
- Westside High School, directed by Christian Nyman
Congratulations again to these students, directors, programs and schools for their dedicated work and success in the performing arts!
Visual and Performing Arts Department Mission
In support of all fine arts programs (music, visual arts, theatre, and dance) and teachers K-12, our mission is to provide high quality instruction in the fine arts to all students, with the knowledge that rigorous arts study enhances and enriches all aspects of education by providing for students' cognitive development and creative expression.
Visual and Performing Arts Staff
- 2924 Knights Lane E
- 2924 Knights Lane East
- DCPS Art Resource Center - 2924 Knights Lane East
- Frank H. Peterson Academies of Technology
- Jeni Heneghan
- Amanda Pfisterer