Calling All Future Teachers!!!!
If you have ever dreamed of leading your own classroom, the S.T.A.R.T. Program is here to help your dreams come true! The Supporting Talent and Recruiting Teachers Program (S.T.A.R.T), is a collaboration between DCPS District and Florida State College at Jacksonville (FSCJ), Saint Leo University (SLU), and the University of North Florida (UNF) to assist Duval County Public Schools support personnel in becoming credentialed, highly effective teachers in DCPS district in one of the following areas:
- Early Childhood Education
- Exceptional Student Education
- Elementary Education K-6
- Middle Grades Education.
If you have no college credit hours, a few college hours, received your degree in another country, or have an Associate’s Degree from an accredited college or university and you work for Duval County, you are eligible for this program!
In this program you will:
- Earn your teaching degree, by fulfilling Professional Certification requirements before you begin teaching
- Transition into a teaching position with a starting salary of $39,500 a year or higher
- Be provided personalized assistance with college funding (which includes financial aid, grants and scholarships)
- Have an academic support team
- Have a flexible class schedule
- Have a teacher support team for the first two years of teaching
- Have assistance with completing your college registration and (wait for it) the application fee is waived
- Be eligible for tuition reimbursement
- Have flexible internship placements
- Complete a semester long paid internship
If you would like to learn more about this support staff to teacher pipeline program, please click the link below!
* Applications are accepted all year long!