SAC Meeting 12/04/18 at 12:30 pm
Are you a parent/guardian of a DVIA student and looking for a way to get connected to the school? Are you a community member that would like to get involved in a local public school? Are you a DVIA student that wants to serve on a committee and build your resume? You have looked in the right place! We are inviting all interested parties to attend DVIA's first SAC meeting of the year. Please join us at our Live Campus on October 10th at 11:30 am.
What is SAC?
School Advisory Council
The responsibility of the school advisory council is:
To provide parents, citizens, faculty, staff, and students an opportunity to participate in the development of educational priorities, assessment of a school’s needs, and identification of local resources.
The functions of school advisory councils are:
- To assist in the preparation and evaluation of the school improvement plan (SIP) (Sec. 1001.452(2), F.S.).
- To assist in the preparation of educational improvement proposals for implementing an educational improvement grant.
- To assist in the preparation of the school’s annual budget (Sec. 1001.452(2), F.S.).
- To assist in completion of the Mid-Year Stakeholder Assessment.
- To perform functions prescribed by regulations of the district school board (Sec. 1001.452(2), F.S.).
Other broad functions of the school advisory councils:
- To participate in planning and monitoring of school buildings and grounds.
- To initiate activities or programs that generate greater cooperation between the community and the school.
- To assist in the development of educational goals and objectives.
- To provide input regarding the district’s Strategic Plan.
- To review and provide input on curriculum issues.
- To recommend various support services and resources.
- To review the impact of property development and zoning changes in the vicinity of the school as they relate to the safety, welfare and educational opportunities of the students.
- To review the budget to be sure it is aligned with the School Improvement Plan.
- To perform other functions as requested by the principal.