Good day Wolfpack Parents,
This is Mr. Begley, principal of Samuel Wolfson School for Advanced Studies. I hope you are doing well. It’s a great day to be part of the Wolfpack.
I want to remind you of some of the upcoming events at Wolfson but if you miss any of the upcoming information, please go to our website at duvalschools.org/wolfson and click on weekly updates:
- The History Fair will be on the 6th of this month.
- We have many colleges making school visits; please check the guidance department to see what schools are coming up next.
- There will be a “Get College Ready” Assembly for 9th and 10th graders on February 8th. Please ask them about the assembly when they get home on that day.
- ACT testing is Saturday for Juniors and Seniors. If you have signed up for that test, please be on time.
- There will be a sports parents meeting on the 11th at 6pm. Please check the website or your coach for specifics.
- Course requests for next year have been completed with your students. They should be bringing home a copy to get your input before final selections are made. Please ask your student for details.
- Mid-Year letters will be sent home soon and progress reports go home on the 11th. Look for those in your mail.
- We will be holding Code Red Drills more frequently thought the school year. These are drills much like monthly fire drills to help our students be prepared in an emergency.
- Each Saturday, we offer AP Test Prep Sessions for AP Human Geography, AP World History and AP US History. AP Psychology will begin later this month. Check the website for more details
- We have several magnet tours coming up. If you know of students who qualify for an advanced program, please tell them to check the website for specifics. Upcoming tour dates are 7th, 13th 21st and 27th. The deadline for application is the 28th.
As always, please check out our website, duvalschools.org/wolfson for morning announcements, newsletters, robo calls, and the calendar for sports and activities.
Have an awesome day and as always, Go Pack.
Weekly Update Archive: