- On Saturday, the Latin Club attended the Regional Latin Forum of Northeast Florida. The following Latin students won awards: Nicolas Davidson – 4th in History of the Roman Empire; Michael Cantor – 1st in Derivatives I; Andrew Horkan – 3rd in History of the Roman Republic, 4th in Advanced Vocabulary and 5th in History of the Roman Empire. The Latin Club will now venture to the STATE Latin Forum held in Orlando on April 2nd through 4th.
- The boys soccer team beat Trinity Christian last night 8-0. Lead by captains Joseph Baez and Vini Sales, they advance to the district semi-finals to play Episcopal on Wednesday.
- All students are invited to attend the first session of the Wolfson Accelerated Leadership Program on Wednesday, January 29th. The event will take place from 1:15 0 2:45 in the chorus room. Students will get real world advice from local Wolfson alumni – Todd Osburn (architect), Bo Smith (nurse) and David Thompson (attorney).
- There are several college visits scheduled for February. Stop by the bulletin board outside of Guidance to see who is coming and sign up for the visit.
- NHS will have its regular monthly meeting on this Thursday, Jan. 30th from 3-4pm in the Courtroom. Let Mr. Ross know if you are unable to attend.
- There is no Wolfpack tutoring on Wednesday this week due to Early Release. Wolfpack tutoring is also cancelled for this Thursday, Jan. 30th due to a scheduling conflict. Stop by Guidance to sign up for tutoring next week! It is offered every Tues, Wed, Thurs from 3-4pm in the Media Center for all subject areas.
- Congratulations to the students who placed at the Future Business Leaders of America Florida District IV conference on Friday, January 24th and qualify to compete at the State Leadership Conference in Orlando during March ! Charlotte Landry – 1st place in Introduction to Parliamentary Procedure; 2nd place in Hospitality Management; Emily Grinan, Jaden Jenkins & Ashawna Peoples – 1st place in Graphic Design; Vivian Williams – 2nd place in Political Science; 3rd place in Organizational Leadership.
- Table Top is meeting today, Tues 1/28 in Room 26 to work on skit for Wolf Howl.
- The Miss Wolfson Pageant is right around the corner on February 7. We are looking for students to help out backstage or in the sound booth. Please see Mrs. Talley or Mrs. Benga if you are interested in volunteering.
- Seniors your last package payment is due next Friday, January 31st. We also have Grad Bash 20 seats open see Ms. Starn if you are interested in going. That payment is also due next Friday, January 31st.
- Students interested in applying for the VyStar internship, please complete the pre-screening survey. The link is posted in VyStar, Guidance, and in classrooms throughout school.Deadline February 7th. The Wolfson VyStar Branch will be closed on Friday, January 24th, 2020.
On Going Announcements:
- In an effort to keep the school safe, please understand that food cannot be delivered to the school. Please do not order, or have anyone order and deliver food to you here at the school. All delivery services will be turned away. The only people who can bring you food are your parents/guardians.
- As a reminder, you can only get four tardies per 9 weeks (including traffic). On the fourth tardy, your parents will be called and on the fifth tardy you will be assigned ISSP for the day. Please get to school on time, and get to class on time throughout the day.
- There is tutoring every day after school (unless cancelled) every Tuesday and Thursdays for math in Mr Bickham’s room and every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday for all subjects by the NHS. All students must sign up ahead of time in the Guidance Office so that they can be assigned a tutor.
- PACK Principles: These values reflect the foundation of our guiding principles.
P – Present and balanced, persevering over obstacles
A – Ambitious and open minded, life-long learners
C – Critical thinkers who pursue knowledge above all
K – Kind and courageous community leaders who are always ready to BACK THE PACK!