Announcement Date: February 19, 2019
- A HUGE congratulations to Miguel Munoz, who is the Achieve3000 Worldwide Weekly Contest winner. Miguel scored the most points in a week as compared to all the students in the United States.
- Congratulations to the following band students who earned a Superior rating and medal for their solos this past Friday at Douglas Anderson: Laila Swain, flute solo; Duwindu Ranasinghe, alto saxophone solo; Tyrone Walker, tenor saxophone solo; Meghan Clark, french horn solo; Gavin O'Brien, trumpet solo; Elijah Galarza, euphonium solo; Deon Smith, snare drum solo; Jacob Gazaleh, piano solo. The following students earned excellent ratings on their solos: Ashley Hanna, Jacorian Sailor, Caine Burleson, Trinity Hootman. This is the highest representation and most medals in 20 years for the Wolfpack!
- The results from the Wolfson matchmaking surveys will be on sale starting today during both lunches. There are $2 and $3 options.
- Seniors, your Dave & Buster’s field trip form is ready for pick up. They are due back to Ms. Starn by Monday, February 25th.
- Seniors attending the lock in this Friday, February 22nd. Please park in the back parking lot and enter the doors by the cafeteria and remember you must be there no later than 6:00pm.
- Mandatory Volleyball Meeting on Tuesday, Feb 26. We will discuss TPC fundraising and summer plans. All interested players must attend.
- If you haven’t ordered your yearbook yet, now is the time. See Mrs. Fessenden for more details!
- Our Black History Month highlight today is Booker T. Washington. Washington was an author and orator who advised presidents Roosevelt and Taft. He advocated an incremental approach to improving education and life prospects for black Americans.
- All of February, VyStar student managers will be presenting daily money tips in honor of CTE month. Collect the tips each day and the student with the most will receive a $50 gift cards. Today’s Vystar Tip: Use cupons and rewards.
- Look on the website for the AP Test Prep Sessions for AP Human Geography, AP World History, AP US History and AP Psychology. We begin AP Psychology this Saturday so please make a note of that. You HAVE to check the website for dates and subjects.
Tip of the day: Keep track of your purchases:
Monday: English with Ms. Glynn
History with Mr. Hoprich
Science with Mr. Steele
Tuesday and Thursday: Math with Mr. Bickham
PACK Principles: These values reflect the foundation of our guiding principles.
P – Present and balanced, persevering over obstacles
A – Ambitious and open minded, life-long learners
C – Critical thinkers who pursue knowledge above all
K – Kind and courageous community leaders who are always ready to BACK THE PACK!