Return to Headlines
PROM 2023 - General Information, Guest Forms and Contract
Prom Contract: Word Document or PDF
Guest Form: Word Document or PDF
Prom King/Queen Application: PDF
Print outs of these forms are available in Mrs. Lewis' room, 318, and available during lunches at the podium.
General Information - Sandalwood High School Prom
River City Marriott
245 Water St. Jacksonville, FL 32202
April 15th, 2023
For the safety and security of Sandalwood High School students and guests, we require that SHS students and their guests from other schools complete the guest form and return to the event sponsor Mrs. Groeschel or Mrs. Motley. This form must be completed and submitted before purchasing ticket to the event. Non-SHS persons will NOT be admitted without this form on file. Please note that a picture of your guest must be attached to this form. No guest 20 years of age or older may attend the event.
- No tickets will be sold at the door—Must purchase online at School Cash Online prior to the event.
- Only Juniors and Seniors with IDs can purchase tickets to prom and students can only purchase 2 tickets maximum
- All guests must make sure they bring a photo ID and no person over the age of 20 may attend
- Female Dress Code:
- Females are required to wear a floor length gown. The gown must reach the floor; therefore a "high-low" style is not permitted.
- A strapless or spaghetti strap dress is permitted.
- A two-piece gown is acceptable but cannot show more than 2 inches of midriff.
- Gowns may have a slit, but the slit may not continue above mid-thigh. Gowns with large portions of the dress "cut out" are not permissible.
- Females may elect to wear a tuxedo/formal pantsuit in lieu of a formal gown.
- Male Dress Code:
- Males are required to be in a tuxedo/full suit with jacket. A top hat worn with the tuxedo is accepted.
- Males may NOT wear baseball caps, tennis shoes, shorts or bring a walking cane.
- Tickets will not be refunded unless event is cancelled. You must purchase the ticket on School Cash Online prior to the event.
- All attendees are reminded that behavior at the prom is governed by the Duval County Public Schools Student Code of Conduct. Any attendee not behaving appropriately will be asked to leave the event and, if necessary, taken into custody by either School Resource Officers or the JSO.
- Any student or date of a student who appears to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs will not be permitted to enter the prom. Students in this condition will be charged with a Class III offense and referred to a Hearing Officer. Any senior affected by this action will not be permitted to participate in graduation activities. In addition, any attendee under the influence will be taken into custody by the JSO.
- There is no re-entry to the dance. Any student leaving the Prom area, will not be permitted to re-enter the event.