Family Empowerment Scholarship
Family Empowerment Scholarship for Educational Options
The Family Empowerment Scholarship for Educational Options (FES-EO) provides eligible students a scholarship to attend a private school selected by the parent.
Eligible students must meet the following requirements:
- The student’s household income level does not exceed 400% of the federal poverty level ($111,000 for a family of four) or the student is on the direct certification list (list of children who qualify for the food assistance program, the Temporary Assistance to Needy Families Program, or the Food Distribution on Indian Reservations program), or
- The student is currently placed, or during the previous state fiscal year was placed, in foster care or in out-of-home care as defined in s. 39.01; or
- The student is a sibling of an eligible participating Family Empowerment Scholarship student; or
- Due to legislative changes, the student is a dependent child of a law enforcement officer or an active-duty military service members* (These students qualify for a scholarship, regardless of household income) and
- The student is 5 years old prior to September 1 and eligible to enroll in kindergarten.
For a list of eligible schools, please visit the Florida Department of Education's Private School Directory. A private school that is currently eligible to participate in any of the scholarship programs is eligible to participate in the FES EO. However, parents should contact the schools to inquire as to whether the private school will participate in the program.
How to apply
Parents of children who meet these criteria and are interested in applying should:
- Review the Family Empowerment Scholarship webpage on the Florida Department of Education website.
- Contact one of two funding organizations that administer the scholarship to complete the application process:
- Visit www.fldoe.org/schools/school-choice/k-12-scholarship-programs for more info.
- Contact, Jacqueline Kelly, DCPS School Choice Director at 904-390-2221 or firstname.lastname@example.org