Kindergarten Registration Is Open Now
It's time to get ready for the new school year! Children entering kindergarten for the 2019-2020 school year must be five years old on or before September 1, 2019. Follow these three, easy steps to register your child.
Step 1 - Find Your School
Use the School Locator at www.duvalschools.org/locator to find your child's neighborhood school or call Student Assignments at (904) 390-2144. If you have participated in the Magnet or Special Transfer Option Lottery and your student has already been assigned to a school, you may skip this step.
Step 2 - Claim Your Seat
If your student is new to Duval County Public Schools, go online at www.duvalschools.org/enroll or go to your neighborhood school to create a parent account, a student ID number and register. If your child attended a Duval County Public School as a VPK student, was in the Teen Parent Program, received ESE services through Child Find or participated in the Magnet or Special Transfer Option Lottery and has already been assigned to a school, you may skip this step.
Step 3 - Complete Registration at Your Child's Assigned School
Visit your child's assigned school and deliver the required documents. Some elementary schools are closed during the summer months or have limited summer hours. Please register your child for kindergarten before the school year is over or call the school to get hours of operation during the summer.
What to Bring with You
1. Birth certificate or valid evidence of date of birth
2. Certificate of school entry health examination performed within one year of enrollment
3. Immunization record. For information about Florida immunization requirements, go to:
4. Proof of Home Address (all sources of information must match):
- You may use two of the following:
- Jacksonville Electric Authority (JEA) or TECO bill
- Mortgage agreement
- Lease agreement
- Driver's license
- Or one of the documents listed above and two of the following:
- Auto insurance
- Credit card statement
- Bank account statement
- U.S. Postal Service change of address confirmation
- Payroll statement
- Current non-cellular phone bill
- Vehicle registration
We look forward to seeing your kindergartener. School starts Monday, August 12, 2019. Be sure to visit your school's website for school hours of operation. Also, review the Kindergarten Readiness Checklist to ensure your child is ready for a successful start to their academic career.