Petition to Contest Proposed Adoption of Instructional Materials
Posted by Shanita Hairston on 2/13/2020 10:00:00 AM
PETITION TO CONTEST PROPOSED ADOPTION OF INSTRUCTIONAL MATERIALS
(As provided for in section 1006.28 Florida Statutes, and Board Policy 4.20)
For this petition to be considered, you must:
*be the parent or legal guardian of a child currently enrolled in a Duval County Public School
*be a resident of Duval County.
*complete all sections of both pages legibly and in full (specifically, section 1006.28, Florida Statutes, requires this form be signed by the parent or petitioner include the required contact information, and state the objection to the instructional material based on the criteria of s. 1006.31(2) or s. 1006.40(3)(d)).
*hand deliver the completed petition to:
1701 Prudential Drive, Jacksonville, FL 32217
Phone number (904)-390-2000
Email a scanned copy of the completed petition to:
Matt Campese, Executive Director, Instructional Materials
If you do not have access to the internet or transportation, you may call Matt Campese at (904)-390-2000 at least 24-hours before the submission deadline to make other arrangements.
THE DEADLINE TO SUBMIT A PETITION IS 4:00 PM ON THURSDAY, APRIL 2, 2020 ACCORDING TO THE INSTRUCTIONS FOR HAND DELIVERY OR EMAIL NOTED ABOVE.
*No petition will be accepted or considered after this deadline.
*Pursuant to section 1006.28, Florida Statutes, all proper petitions will be reviewed by the Duval County School Board at a public hearing before an unbiased and qualified hearing officer. The petitioner will be provided written notification of the date and time of this public hearing at least 7 days before the hearing, and the hearing will be scheduled before FRIDAY, MAY 1, 2020. The School Board’s decision after convening this hearing is final and not subject to further petition or review.
This petition to contest is to be used only for those Instructional Materials proposed to be adopted by the Duval County School Board at its TUESDAY, MARCH 3, 2020 meeting, as follows:
PUBLISHER TITLE GRADES / COURSE
- Blanco, Jose A. Senderos 1. Vista Higher Learning. (1st Edition, 2018). For Spanish 1
- Blanco, Jose A. Senderos 2. Vista Higher Learning. (1st Edition, 2018). For Spanish 2
- Blanco, Jose A. Senderos 3. Vista Higher Learning. (1st Edition, 2018). For Spanish 3
- Herrera, Carmen. Español Avanzado. Carnegie Learning, Inc. dba EMC Publishing & Mondo Ed. (1st Edition, 2017). For Spanish 4 Honors
- Blanco, Jose A. D'accord 1. Vista Higher Learning. (3rd Edition, 2019). For French 1
- Blanco, Jose A. D'accord Vista Higher Learning. (3rd Edition, 2019). For French 2
- Agriscience Fundamentals and Applications Updated, Precision Exams Edition. (6th Edition, 2019). For Agritechnology 1
- Gaines, Miller. Criminal Justice in Action. (10th Edition, 2019). For Criminal Justice Operations 1
- Baker, Lawhead. Introduction to Veterinary Science. (3rd Edition, 2017). For Veterinary Assisting 1
Title of Material: ___________________________________________
Publisher of Material: ___________________________________________
Parent/Guardian or Resident: ___________________________________________
Zip Code: _____________________
Phone Number: _________________________________________
Child’s Name if applicable: ___________________________________________
School at which Child Attends if applicable: _____________________________
Citation of the pages and specific passages in question:
Nature of request and basis for contesting the particular material:
SIGNATURE OF PETITIONER: ____________________________________________________________________________