Getting Enrolled

This is a link to the Back to School homepage

Who to contact?

Need assistance getting your child enrolled? We're here to help! For questions about enrolling in your neighborhood school, contact the school. You can find your neighborhood school by using the School Locator

Questions about enrolling in a magnet school or school other than your neighborhood school? Contact the Office of School Choice by email or making an appointment. 

More detailed enrollment information is also available at


My child is new to the district

Are you enrolling your child in Duval County Public Schools for the very first time? If so, follow the steps below. 

    1. Gather the documents below. You will need them for this process.  
      • Your child's birth certificate or valid evidence of date of birth.
      • Your child's Florida certificate of immunization or exemption.
      • Physical examination for all students who have never attended a Florida public or private school. Physical must be no more than 12 months old at the time of the student’s enrollment.
      • Proof of guardianship (if applicable).  
      • Your child's most recent report card, if granted from another district.
      • Proof of residence. 

    2. Complete Enrollment Application

    3. Create a Linked Parent Account

    4. Find your neighborhood school using the School Locator. If you want to explore a school outside of your neighborhood school, contact

    5. Visit your neighborhood school to complete the process. Bring your photo ID. We recommend calling the school first. 

My child is already enrolled, but: 

  • We applied to a magnet/special transfer option school and have been waitlisted.
    • If you are waitlisted, you have a couple of options. It's important that you choose one of the options asap so that your child can still be enrolled in a school and attend the school on Aug. 14.
      1. Identify your child's neighborhood school. Then visit that school with your photo ID to enroll. We recommend calling the school first.
      2. Apply to a school outside of your child's neighborhood school that still has open seats. Visit the Controlled Open Enrollment website to view the schools with open seats and the applications. 

  • We recently moved.
    • If you already live in Jacksonville, but moved to a new neighborhood, it is likely that your neighborhood school has changed. Use the school locator to find your neighborhood school. Then visit that school with your photo ID. We recommend calling the school first. 

  • We would like to transfer our child back to their neighborhood school (from a magnet school, a special transfer option school, a charter school, or Duval Virtual).