The Free & Reduced Meal Application for the 2019-2020 school year is now available!If you require a Free & Reduced Meal Application in a language other than English or Spanish, please click on the USDA application website link where you can find applications translated into other languages. These are the only applications we can accept other than the official DCPS application for the 2019-2020 school year.
Please contact the Food Service Department at 904-732-5145 if you have any questions.----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------The deadline for 2018-2019 year-end refund request and transfers on student lunch accounts was Wednesday, June 12, 2019.
All refund/transfer requests received after this date will be held and processed in mid-August 2019. Please click on link "Transfer/Refunds" for information regarding refunds and transfer requests.
You are what you eat: smart, well-balanced and good
Our menus are developed with ingredients that promote health and wellness. Nutritious meals impact the health and success of our students and are essential for strong academic performance. Our goal is to enhance student performance by providing nutritious meals and promoting the importance of healthy eating. Our nutrition standards are based on the Dietary Guidelines for Americans and the Choose My Plate healthy plate. Student meals contain adequate calories and provide a variety of choices. We offer free and reduced lunch to qualified applicants. To achieve our goals:
- Lean Beef
- Reduced Fat Cheese
- Turkey Franks
- Turkey Lunch Meat
- Turkey Sausage Products
- Zero Trans Fat (ZTF) margarine and oil
- Oven baked (not fried) meat and potato products
- Offer Fat Free and 1% Milk
- Offer whole grain bread, buns, and wraps
- Offer whole grain, low sugar cereals
- Offer a variety of fruits and vegetables, including fresh, local produce everyday in every cafe
- Decreased the amount of sodium in our recipes
- Avoid many pre-made items that are high in sodium and saturated fats
- Offer items with zero trans fat
- Offer daily salads, wraps, and/or sandwiches using 100% dark green leafy romaine lettuce or spinach
- Use Sunbutter in place of peanut butter at peanut aware schools
- Utilize a state-of- the art food production facility to offer nutrient enriched scratch cooking
- Develop and test recipes on site by an Executive Chef
- Have on staff of Registered, Licensed Dietitians to develop menus and to ensure the daily nutritional needs of the students are met
In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.
Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.
To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at: How to File a Complaint, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:
(1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;
(2) fax: (202) 690-7442; or
(3) email: email@example.com.
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.