5 steps to creating a parent account and linking to your student
Apply for schools online, review your child's grades and assignments, email teachers, see your transportation assignments, and access OneView. All these services are available 24-7 by creating a parent account and linking to your student. See 5 steps below:
Note that the recommended browser is Google Chrome.
Step 1: Get a Student ID (Skip this step if student is not new to the district)
- If the student is new to the district, click on the "New Student ID" link below and follow the prompts. During the process of creating the student ID, you will have an opportunitiy to upload important registration documents. You can find a list of documents you'll need here.)
- If the student is currently enrolled or use to be enrolled in the district, go to Step 2.
- If the student is not new to the district, but you do not know his or her I.D., contact the school or the School Choice Office at 904-390-2082.
Step 2: Create a Parent/Guardian Account
- Click on “Create Account” button
- Be sure to use Google Chrome. However, if you’re on a Mac, you may need to use Safari
- Follow the on-screen directions to complete the account.
- Be sure to enter your first and last name, your personal email address, and password when creating the account.
- Make note of the email address and password you used as it will be used again in the future.
Step 3: Verify your Parent/Guardian Account
- Go to the email account you used to create your user account and open the email from FIMservice@duvalschools.org. Click on the ‘Email Validation Link.'
- Your email account must be verified within seven days using the link from the email. If you don’t see it, check your clutter or junk file in your email.
- You will need to wait 24 hours before moving to "Step 4 - Link your child to your student."
Step 4: Link to your student
- Click “Link Student” and add your student’s school, student ID# and last name.
- If you don’t have a school yet, select “Applicant” for the school name.
- Note: You can add all your children at one time. Click “Add” after each child’s information is added.
- Click “Submit.”
Step 5: Visit your child’s school to show proof of parent-child relationship.
- After you submit the link, you will now have 21 days to visit your child's school to show proof of parent-child relationship.
- Be sure to take a photo ID to the school and have a staff member approve your request.
- Within 24 hours after the school verifies your account, you will be able to log into your account at https://duval.focusschoolsoftware.com
- You should see your student(s) names in your account.
- You'll have access to multiple functions including:
- Apply for schools
- Apply for transportation
- See your child’s grades
- Contact your child’s teachers
Online and in-person - The process begins online. But there is an in-person component. The in-person component includes parents visiting their child's school of enrollment to provide identification. This helps maintain student confidentiality.
Need Assistance? - Families in need of additional assistance can contact Technology Services at 904-348-7628 Monday through Friday 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., and Saturday through Sunday 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Questions related to FOCUS can also be sent to email@example.com. You can also reach out to their school with questions and concerns.
Employees/students - Teachers/Administrators/Students use their district username and password to access Focus, OneView, and the Mobile App. Employees that are also a parents or guardians to a DCPS student must register for a separate parent/guardian account using a personal email address.)
Use the buttons below to begin the account process.
**Please note if your child has ever been enrolled in a Duval County Public School including: DCPS Traditional Schools, Charter Schools, Duval Virtual Instructional Academy, Home School, McKay School, Empowerment Scholarship School, VPK, Child Find (ESE Services), and/or Teen Parent Services they will have a student ID. As a result, you should not create a new student ID.**