DUVAL COUNTY PUBLIC SCHOOLS OFFICE OF ECONOMIC OPPORTUNITY
On December 8, 2014, The Duval County School Board approved revisions to the Minority Business Development and Assistance Program Board policy 7.72. These revisions include the following:
· Implementation of a Small/Micro Business Enterprise Program
· Changes regarding the eligibility criteria and goals for the Minority/Women Business (M/WBE) Program
· Name change from the Minority Business Affairs Office to the Office of Economic Opportunity (OEO)
The addition of the Small/Micro Business Enterprise Program (S/MBE) will create additional opportunities for local small business enterprises.
Minority Business Enterprises currently certified with DCPS that meet the certification eligibility under the new program will not have to apply to become a M/WBE in the new program. However, they will need to reapply once their current certification expires. If a current MBE would like to participate in the new Small/Micro Business Program, they will need to apply.
The Office of Economic Opportunity (OEO) promotes the economic development and growth of Small/Micro Business Enterprises and Minority/Women Business Enterprises through its certification program, community outreach programs, contract review and monitoring activities in addition to ongoing interaction with other municipal agencies, quasi-public agencies and the local marketplace. The OEO strives to ensure that local SBE’s, MBE’s, and M/WBE’s have the maximum opportunity to do business with the Duval County Public Schools and to provide equal opportunity for all segments of the contracting community. The OEO currently operates under School Board Policy 7.72Contact:The Office of Economic Opportunity
1701 Prudential DriveRoom 322Jacksonville, FL 32207
(904) 858-1480Office of Economic Opportunity Staff
Names below are email links. Click on name to send email.
Mrs. Beth Casey,Supervisor
(904) 858-4860Ms. Terri Lemon-Bond,Coordinator(904) 858-4863Mrs. Alta Mercer-Pauldo Administrative Assistant