Creating a Parent FOCUS account and linking to your child
Creating a Parent/FOCUS account gives you 24/7 access to services such as applying for schools online, reviewing your child's grades and assignments, emailing teachers, and registering for transportation.
See the 5 steps below to create an account. The recommended browser is Google Chrome.
*Note - Step 1 is only for students who are new to the district.
Step 1: Get a Student ID (This is only for students NEW to the district. Skip this step if student is already registered or enrolled in a district school.)
- If the student is new to the district, click on the "New Student ID" link below and follow the prompts. During the process of creating the student ID, you will have an opportunity to upload important registration documents. You can find a list of documents you'll need here.)
- If the student is currently enrolled or use to be enrolled in the district, go to Step 2.
- If the student is not new to the district, but you do not know his or her I.D., contact the school or the School Choice Office at 904-390-2082.
Step 2: Create a Parent/Guardian Account
- Click on “Create Account” button
- Be sure to use Google Chrome. However, if you’re on a Mac, you may need to use Safari
- Follow the on-screen directions to complete the account.
- Be sure to enter your first and last name, your personal email address, and password when creating the account.
- Make note of the email address and password you used as it will be used again in the future.
Step 3: Verify your Parent/Guardian Account
- Go to the email account you used to create your user account and open the email from FIMservice@duvalschools.org. Click on the ‘Email Validation Link.'
- Your email account must be verified within seven days using the link from the email. If you don’t see it, check your clutter or junk file in your email.
- You will need to wait 24 hours before moving to "Step 4 - Link your account to your student."
- Log into your OneView account.
- Select "My Links" from the left margin.
- Select "Add Student" from the center of the page
- Complete all fields.
- If you are in need of your child's Student ID number please email email@example.com with a copy of your state issued ID with a request for the student number. Please be sure to include your child's last name and date of birth.
- If you do not have a school yet, select “Applicant” for the school name.
- Note: You can add all your children at one time. Click “Add” after each child’s information is added.
- Click “Add.”
Step 5: Visit your child’s school to show proof of parent-child relationship.
- After you submit the link, you will now have 21 days to visit your child's school to show proof of parent-child relationship.
- Be sure to take a photo ID to the school and have a staff member approve your request.
- Within 24 hours after the school verifies your account, you will be able to log into your account at https://duval.focusschoolsoftware.com
- You should see your student(s) names in your account.
- You'll have access to multiple functions including:
- Apply for schools
- Apply for transportation
- See your child’s grades
- Contact your child’s teachers
Online and in-person - The process begins online. But there is an in-person component. The in-person component includes parents visiting their child's school of enrollment to provide identification. This helps maintain student confidentiality.
Need Assistance? - Families in need of additional assistance can contact Technology Services at 904-348-7628 Monday through Friday 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., and Saturday through Sunday 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Questions related to FOCUS can also be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also reach out to their school with questions and concerns.
Employees/students - Teachers/Administrators/Students use their district username and password to access Focus, OneView, and the Mobile App. Employees that are also a parents or guardians to a DCPS student must register for a separate parent/guardian account using a personal email address.)
Use the buttons below to begin the account process.
**Please note if your child has ever been enrolled in a Duval County Public School including: DCPS Traditional Schools, Charter Schools, Duval Virtual Instructional Academy, Home School, McKay School, Empowerment Scholarship School, VPK, Child Find (ESE Services), and/or Teen Parent Services they will have a student ID. As a result, you should not create a new student ID.**