Safety and Security Efforts and Resources
- Each school has a safety plan and emergency response team.
- All school classrooms are locked when occupied by students.
- School plans are reviewed with staff each semester.
- The District has a highly trained School Police Department, giving all schools direct access to school safety officers.
- The District utilizes various major security monitoring methods including camera surveillance and monitored controlled access systems.
- All schools and District offices have a District Emergency Communications Network radio with direct access to School Police and District leadership. School Police have direct access to the Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office.
- All schools conduct regular evacuation drills (fire drills).
- All schools conduct regular emergency and lockdown (“code red” and “code yellow”) drills.