The Late Application Window is open in FOCUS.
June 30th deadline
Electronic notifications of lottery results have been emailed to families.
Do you have questions?
At a Glance: Connect with School Choice
1. Visit School Match 2021 to speak to a School Choice Specialist (Monday - Saturday; 9 a.m. - 1 p.m. ), view recorded presentations from schools, learn more about school tour information, and contact school leaders. Make sure to create a show planner account – if you haven’t previously done so – to have access to these resources.
To speak with a specialist via “My Chat” follow the steps below:
- Go to School Match 2021
- Log into or create a “My Show Planner” account
- After a few minutes, a “My Chat” icon will appear next to the account holder’s name. Click on it.
- Click the “Browse Contacts” tab.
- Click the “Available Now” tab and select a “Office of School Choice” team member.
3. Email (response time is 24-48 hours)
School Choice Reference Guide 2021 - 2022
Left click on image to open Reference Guide
Military families who are interested in exploring their choices should contact our Military Liaison, MilitaryTransferOption@duvalschools.org
Families new to DCPS may reach out to the Office of School Choice for seat availability information.
Our mission is to provide families with educational opportunities in Duval County from VPK - 12th Grade. Individuals who are interested in exploring the options may click on the following links:
If parents have questions regarding VPK, please email questions to email@example.com.
Families New to Duval County or Returning to Duval County. Registration information can be found here.
Spotlight on Richard Lewis Brown Gifted and Academically Talented Academy
Congratulations to our very own, Richard L. Brown Gifted and Academically Talented Academy, recognized as one of three RAMP schools in the state of Florida. The RAMP designation recognizes schools that are committed to delivering an exemplary school counseling program.
Kevin Bennett (former 5th grade student of Richard L. Brown Gifted and Academically Talented Academy) was selected to represent the state of Florida for the Kids Journal Through Covid-19 competition. Kevin's submission was published by Noah's Ark Publishing owned by the renowned musician Laval Belle. We are beyond proud of Kevin and his teacher Ms. Hand.
PREVENTING THE SPREAD OF CORONAVIRUS DISEASE (COVID-19)
FOR DISTRICT OFFICES
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has recommended that school districts implement mitigating strategies to prevent or reduce the spread of COVID-19. Effective immediately the following guidelines below are in effect for all District Offices until further notice.
District and School-Based Staff are practicing Social Distancing as Recommended by the CDC
We kindly ask that you refrain from visiting our building if you answer YES to any of the following questions:
- Have you or any member of your household tested postitive for COVID-19 in the past 14 days?
- Have you had close contact with someone who was diagnosed with COVID-19 in the past 14 days?
- Do you currently have any of the following symptons that may be due to COVID-19:
Shortness of Breath
Repeated shaking with chills
New loss of taste or smell
- Everyone should wear a cloth face cover when visiting our office.
- Everyone should Social Distance by keeping 6 feet between yourself and others.
- For questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Office of School Choice/Parent Resource Center Contact Information:Address: Phone:4037 Boulevard Center Drive 904.390.2082 | 904.390.2144 | Fax: 904.390.2070Suite 100 (1st Floor)Jacksonville, FL 32207 Email Us: email@example.com