Abess Park is an "A" School!!
The safety of our students, staff and community remains our number one priority. Please follow all of the procedures of our campus to ensure the safety of all. Specific information is provided on our website and at the school, especially in reference to the COVID-19 Pandemic. All DCPS will restrict visitors/volunteers during Quarter 1, require face masks and/or face shields and sanitize often. We will continue to follow all District Policies and practice drills for the safety of students each month (as directed during the COVID-19 Pandemic).
Abess Park participates in the federal Community Eligibility Provision (CEP) Program. Breakfast and lunch are included at no charge for all students at our school. This provision eliminates the need to submit a Free/Reduced lunch application at our school. We strongly encourage each of our students to enjoy a healthy breakfast and lunch with us every school day. In addition, we participate in the Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Program which provides various snacks at no charge several days a week.
We are proud to offer numerous extra-curricular activities to involve students in their many interests and talents. Please be on the lookout for registration information regarding our programs once restrictions are reduced due to the COVID-19 Pandemic. To stay informed of school events and Family Nights, please download the Duval County Public Schools App for notifications, visit our website, Facebook page, PTA Facebook page, review our weekly Sunday messages by phone/text/email and read our monthly newsletter, Paw Prints, so you may plan to join us for learning and fun whether in the building or virtually. We know how proud our students are to share their hard work!
I continue to be grateful every day to work with such an exceptional faculty, talented student body, supportive families and a dedicated community of stakeholders. We do hope that you will join us for a remarkable year of learning in 2020-2021 at Abess Park Elementary where we will work together to achieve success for all students in all standards.
Welcome back Jaguars!
Kristin M. Shore,
- Click here for the 2021 - 2022 Supply List
- Click here for a flyer about school supplies for Office Max.
- Click here for the welcome video for the CSS Program.
- The child must 5 years old by 9/1/20 (for Kindergarten)
- Original Birth Certificate
- Social Security Card
- Shot Record: 5 DPT; 2 MMR; 2 Varicella; Hepatitis B series of 3; 4 Polio - 5 if 4th dose was administered prior to 4th birthday
- Florida School Physical (dated within 12 months of the 1st day of enrollment)
- 2 proofs of residence- current JEA bill, cable bill, mortgage or lease FL Driver’s license, credit card bill -for a full list of requirements please visit DCPS.org